List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    [GENERAL] PG_Bulkloader (or other tools) and partitions
From:       Wojtek <foo () twine ! pl>
Date:       2009-05-31 6:23:52

Hi,

I'm looking for solution to speed up my data load process. Currently, I
have up to 100 insert/second loaded to partitioned table and application
is inserting data directly to partitions (not to master table).

As a solution, I wanted to explore pg_bulkloader but as I understand it
needs to have destination table specified in config file, so:
- I can't make it to write directly to partitions (as I need to write
data to several partitions every day)
- I doubt pg_bulkload will consider rules/constraints to put data to
right partitions automatically

Anyone can share good practices on loading data to partitioned table,
please? not necessarily using pg_bulkload...

Regards,
foo