List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] perl-DBD-Pg package for CentOS 5?
From:       Kevin Murphy <murphy () genome ! chop ! edu>
Date:       2008-10-31 17:34:20

Joao Ferreira wrote:
> Have you considered installing directlly from CPAN ?
>
> # perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBD::Pg;'
>
>> On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 09:20 -0400, Kevin Murphy wrote:
>>
>>> My life would be complete if it offered perl-DBD-Pg for CentOS 5!

Yes, but I prefer a package in this situation because the code runs on a
Rocks Linux cluster, and customizations to the compute nodes are
conventionally via package; when a new node is added, the suite of local
RPMs is automatically post-installed, et voilĂ .  I've worked around the
lack of a package in the past, and I'll do it again.  Luckily our nodes
have access to the world.  Now I'm fantasizing about making an RPM that
just customizes CPAN/Config.pm and installs DBD::Pg from CPAN.

-Kevin