List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [HACKERS] Order of checking for readline support libraries
From:       Tom Lane <tgl () sss ! pgh ! pa ! us>
Date:       2006-11-30 20:56:21

> Sounds fine.  The only question is whether we want to do this during RC.
> I suppose the build farm has enough coverage to allow it.

Actually I changed my mind: this is just a transient requirement for
Fedora, because once libtermcap is gone, the existing configure code
will do fine.  So I'm thinking of handling it through a temporary RPM
patch, rather than risking breaking any other platforms.

			regards, tom lane

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq