List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    [GENERAL] Unicode sorting problem
From:       David Jorjoliani <djorj () nilc ! org ! ge>
Date:       2006-07-31 17:34:08

Hi,
I have problem with UTF-8 database sorting. Postgres initialized with:

 --locale=ka_GE.UTF-8 --lc-collate=ka_GE.UTF-8

"show all;" command shows:

lc_collate     | ka_GE.UTF-8                           | Shows the
collation order locale.
 lc_ctype                        | ka_GE.UTF-8
| Shows the character classification and case conversion locale.
 lc_messages                     | ka_GE.UTF-8
| Sets the language in which messages are displayed.
 lc_monetary                     | ka_GE.UTF-8
| Sets the locale for formatting monetary amounts.
 lc_numeric                      | ka_GE.UTF-8
| Sets the locale for formatting numbers.
 lc_time                         | ka_GE.UTF-8
| Sets the locale for form

ka_GE.UTF-8 is Georgian locale.
When run sql query with "order" of "text" or "varchar" field with
Georgian unicode data inside, result is totally wrong.
Can somebody help me?
Thanks,
David Jorjoliani