List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    [GENERAL] How would I write this query...
From:       "Jim Fitzgerald" <jfitz () spacelink ! com>
Date:       2006-04-30 18:32:01

Hi -

  I have two tables, one of them has names of people and an associated
integer ID.  The other table is a list of the people (from the first table)
by their ID number that have signed up for a class.  How would I write a
query that would list all the people from the first table that do not have
any entries in the second table?   Basically, I want a listing of all my
people who have not signed up for the class.

Thanks!
-Jim

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend