List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    [GENERAL] get the SALT
From:       "Adam O'Toole" <adamnb1 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-30 16:00:16

I am using VB.NET as a frontend to postGres 7.4. With MD5 authentication,
how can I get the SALT value? The ODBC Connection with .NET is like a one
step process, the connection string and you just send it with an open()
command. Do I need it to be interactive and obtain the salt? Should I use a
stored procedure to get it? It seems VB is not low enough to interact with
the process and get the 4-byte SALT, or I just don't know how to.. I am sure
there is a way to use VB as a frontend to postgres using MD5..
Please help!

               http://archives.postgresql.org