List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] postgres session termination
From:       Scott Marlowe <smarlowe () g2switchworks ! com>
Date:       2005-01-31 22:30:01

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 16:08, Ragnar HafstaĆ° wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 15:38 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> > >
> > > Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think PHP supports cursors
> > > (Maybe PHP 5?).
> > >
> > > Otherwise, that would have been a neat solution indeed.
> >
> > PHP supports postgresql cursors, and has since php was able to connect
> > to postgresql.
>
> well, my impression was that the OP wanted to divide result sets
> between web pages, so cursors would not help anyways,as they do
> not survive their session.

Correct.  However, that isn't a limitation in PHP so much as in the
stateless nature of http.  But PHP can certainly instantiate and use a
cursor within a single page quite well.  Based on what little was in the
message I replied to, that seemed to be the only point made.  I'm sure
there was more to the question than what was left in the post I
answered.