List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    [GENERAL] PostgreSQL at LinuxWorld Boston
From:       Ned Lilly <ned () nedscape ! com>
Date:       2005-01-31 20:23:04

[bcc to -hackers, -general]

Folks,

I'm happy to announce that PostgreSQL will have a home at LinuxWorld in two weeks \
after all.  My company, OpenMFG, is teaming up with SRA America to wave the elephant \
flag at booth #1411 - right next door to the ".org Pavillion", two booths up from the \
Intel spread.

OpenMFG is a powerful and feature-rich ERP system that's written with PostgreSQL on \
the server, and Qt on the client (binaries available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS \
X).  The business logic is all in pl/pgsql, and performance is fantastic and very \
scalable.  We'll be handing out CDs with free demo versions of our ERP package, as \
well as PostgreSQL 8.0 source and binaries.  The CD will also contain a beta version \
of our OpenRPT report writer and rendering engine, which we'll be releasing under an \
open source license at the end of the beta cycle.

SRA America is the US arm of the established Japan-based systems integrator Software \
Research Associates.  As most of you know, SRA has been an active supporter of the \
PostgreSQL project for many years, and they currently employ several active \
contributors to the project, including core developer Bruce Momjian.  They provide a \
variety of PostgreSQL services, including consulting, migration, support, and \
training.

So the general idea is that you get:

 a) a software product vendor who's built their entire product and business around \
PostgreSQL, and

 b) an international services firm who is leading the charge of PostgreSQL consulting \
and support in the enterprise.

If you're going to be in Boston from Feb. 15 to 17, please stop by and say hi.

Regards,
Ned Lilly

--
Ned Lilly