List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    [HACKERS] float4/float8 regression failure on Alpha Linux
From:       "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim () contactbda ! com>
Date:       2004-10-31 12:09:32

Hi all,

I am getting a regression failure on float8 (and float4) when running on Debian Sarge \
on Alpha (gcc 3.3.4).  Postgres  is a HEAD checkout from yesterday.

test=# select version();
                                                version
  PostgreSQL 8.0.0beta4 on alpha-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 \
(Debian 1:3.3.4-13) (1 row)

--This test sould give an error
SELECT 'Infinity'::float8 + 100.0;
 ?column?
        0

Is this a problem with my system, Alpha's or postgres.
Thanks
Jim