List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql feature
From:       snpe <snpe () snpe ! co ! yu>
Date:       2004-08-19 22:06:54

Main features which Oracle have and postgresql no (for me):
- object dependency - when I change any object (view, function ..) in postgresql I have to delete all dependencies
objects - Oracle auto compile all dependencies
- distributed databases - all dml, ddl, connect etc work in distributed systems
- true cursor managment - all oracle command are cursor (parse, bind, fetch arbitary numebr of rows)
- select out of transaction managment (select withoout mutable functions - don't update in database)

regards
On Wednesday 18 August 2004 02:41 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Laimis K wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm oracle man.
> >
> > So, how about features in postgesql which exists in oracle db (order is
> > casual) ?
> > 1. Sequences
> > 2. Packages
> > 3. Functions/procedures
> > 4. Full-text
> > 5. Triggers
> > 6. Jobs
> > 7. Synonyms
> > 8. Replication
>
> 1) Serial, but I don't know the Oracle one...
> 2) Schema ?
> 3) Yes, functions
> 4) tsearch2
> 5) Yes