List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Elog
From:       Mark Kirkwood <markir () paradise ! net ! nz>
Date:       2003-05-30 23:02:03

Nailah Ogeer wrote:

>Where do the elog information go in postgres7.3.2.

To whereever you have told the server to log (stdout if you havent
specified)

> I am still getting a
>Segmentation fault when trying to run my code after making changes to the
>buffer folder and relcache.c. Someone mentioned using a stack before to
>trace. Can someone give me some more info on this or other methods of
>tracing?

Use something like strace (Linux) or truss (Solaris) and attach it to
your backend process.
If your crash happens immediately, then run a single process backend and
trace it from  startup.

regards

Mark

http://archives.postgresql.org