List:       postgresql-general
Subject:    [GENERAL] CP1250 to and from Unicode conversion, how?
From:       "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola.Milutinovic () ev ! co ! yu>
Date:       2001-10-31 13:37:59

Hi all.

I have a database with text fields containing text with Windows CP-1250 encoding. How \
can I convert it to Unicode? I have build the database with

--enable-recode              enable character set recode support
--enable-multibyte           enable multibyte character support
--enable-unicode-conversion  enable unicode conversion support

Also, how can I enter a string containing Unicode chars from "psql"? What is the \
Unicode escape sequence?

I mean, if all else fails, I'll dump database, run the dump through script/Java/C \
program to convert all CP-1250 chars to their Unicode equivalents and import it \
again.

Hope someone will answer my question.

Nix.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster