List:       postgresql-announce
Subject:    [ANNOUNCE] PGXN Development Project
From:       "David E. Wheeler" <david.wheeler () pgexperts ! com>
Date:       2010-06-15 18:15:18

I'm pleased to announce the launch of the PGXN development project.

  http://www.pgxn.org/

PGXN, the PostgreSQL Extension Network, is modelled on CPAN, the Perl community's \
archive of "all things Perl." PGXN will provide four major pieces of infrastructure \
to the PostgreSQL community:

* An upload and distribution infrastructure for extension developers
* A centralized index and API of distribution metadata
* A website for searching extensions and perusing their documentation
* A command-line client for downloading, testing, and installing extensions

We have started the fundraising phase of the project now. Thanks to founding sponsors \
myYearbook.com and PostgreSQL Experts, Inc., we're already 2/5 of the way to our \
goal. Complete details of the project -- including the specification, implementation \
plan, and  fundraising FAQ -- are on the site.

Best,

David
PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.

-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to: