List:       postgresql-announce
Subject:    Re: [ANNOUNCE] == PostgreSQL Weekly News - March 29th 2004 ==
From:       Tom Lane <tgl () sss ! pgh ! pa ! us>
Date:       2004-03-30 5:22:07

Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> ... The "Alter Table Set Without OIDS" command was removed
> in favor of making "Alter Table Drop Column" able to handle OID
> columns.

Small correction: SET WITHOUT OIDS was *not* removed.  What was removed
was the separate implementation it used to have.  Internally it now just
does a "DROP COLUMN oid".

(Not your fault, there was some confusion on this point on the
pgsql-committers list...)

			regards, tom lane

               http://archives.postgresql.org