List:       postgresql-admin
Subject:    [ADMIN] pooler/router?
From:       Bèrto ëd Sèra <berto.d.sera () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-12-13 12:39:28

Hi all,

I have a customer who needs to split a set of pg databases that have
outgrown any possible "big iron" and needs to do it quick, at zero
impact on lots of existing and basically undocumented applications.

I was wondering whether there is anything I can drop in as a
"middleware", that will get any incoming connections to oldserver:5432
and reroute them to a set of individual boxes, based on the targeted
database. PgPooler + routing, sort of.

Any hint is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Bèrto