List:       postgresql-admin
Subject:    [ADMIN] Backup only changed databases
From:       Benjamin Minshall <minshall () intellicon ! biz>
Date:       2009-04-14 18:53:10

Hello,

I am curious if there is a way to know which databases have changed (any write \
transaction) since a given timestamp?  I use pg_dump nightly to backup several \
databases within the cluster, but I would like to only pg_dump those databases which \
have actually changed during the day.  Is there a solution to this?  I have to use \
pg_dump, because I need to be able to selectively restore databases without \
disrupting the rest of the cluster.  I'm running postgreSQL 8.3.7

Thank you.

--
Benjamin Minshall <minshall@intellicon.biz>