List:       postgresql-admin
Subject:    Re: [ADMIN] Logging in postgres
From:       Tom Lane <tgl () sss ! pgh ! pa ! us>
Date:       2002-01-26 16:57:41

Antony Stace <s45652001@yahoo.com> writes:
> restarted postgres and then did a few queries in the database.  But nothing
> is being logged in /var/log/postgresql.  Any ideas what else might be wrong?

If you're not seeing any log output at all, then either:

1. Postgres is logging to postmaster's stderr but you've directed same
to /dev/null (or not where you are looking, anyway).

2. Postgres is logging to syslog, but you've configured syslog to
discard the output (or put it somewhere else than where you are
looking).

			regards, tom lane