List:       postgis-users
Subject:    Re: [postgis-users] Problem with raster2psql out-db
From:       "Regina Obe" <lr () pcorp ! us>
Date:       2022-11-10 16:44:55

Sadly I think pyramids are always ignored.

The way to create the equivalent in postgis raster, is to use the overview load, but \
overview tables always end up being in the database.

Which is the -l option in raster2pgsql as detailed here - \
https://postgis.net/docs/using_raster_dataman.html#RT_Raster_Loader  But I forget how \
that works with -R if it is smart enough to use the pyramids or not to build the \
overview.  I suspect not, so it might result in an in-db raster table.

So your call would look something like:
raster2pgsql -R -l 2,3,4 //geoserver/t1.tif | psql

For tables you've already loaded, you can use this function to do the same as -l does

https://postgis.net/docs/RT_CreateOverview.html

It would be a good feature to have though to be able to use the built in pyramids.
I'm not sure how difficult it would be, but definitely worth a ticket I think in our \
ticket tracker https://postgis.net/support/

I'll send you a mantra code so you can create an osgeo account and put it in as a \
request if you want to.

Thanks,
Regina

----