List:       postgis-users
Subject:    Re: [postgis-users] Voronoi polygons for large dataset
From:       "Arnaud L." <arnaud.listes () codata ! eu>
Date:       2018-06-11 11:12:25

Hi Nathan

Le 07-06-18 à 17:15, Nathan Einstein a écrit  :
> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there's any simple
> "divide-and-conquer"-type solution; because the Voronoi polygons on the
> edges will be irregularly shaped, I haven't been able to come up with a
> clean way to combine the results from subsets of the full dataset.
There is a known merging algorithm, but it works only on subsets
splitted by a north-south line.

You can find the algorithm here :
http://www.personal.kent.edu/~rmuhamma/Compgeometry/MyCG/Voronoi/DivConqVor/divConqVor.htm

If you happen to end-up with a parallelizable PostGIS function, I'd be
very interested by your code ! ;)

Regards

--
Arnaud