List:       postgis-users
Subject:    Re: [postgis-users] EXECUTE CREATE TABLE AS SELECT
From:       Mark Wynter <mark () dimensionaledge ! com>
Date:       2015-02-10 23:50:12

@ Stephen,  I concur with the replies of Remi and strk from an earlier post=
ing from you several weeks back.  If you trying to do topological cleaning,=
 then perhaps reconsider your tool of choice - e.g. consider doing it in GR=
ASS.
If your use case is simpler, then you may be able to achieve linestrings br=
eaks and insertions where there are gaps in your network using standard (no=
n-topological) PostGIS functions - then build your graph (topology) once yo=
u=92re happy with the vector lines.  =

Am I right in thinking you=92re wanting to ingest a whole lot of line strin=
gs as a data stream, and incorporate them into a topological network?  Can =
you provide some context to help everyone=92s understanding?

> Thanks.  I am trying to generate nodes I think based on endpoints.  A sep=
arate list of nodes does not exist at the onset of this procedure.  At leas=
t, that is my perception.