List:       postgis-users
Subject:    [postgis-users] Invalid Geometries
From:       Andre Mano <andre.s.mano () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-07-14 14:49:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi list,

I have a table with all sort of geometry errors - self-intersections, holes
outside polygon, etc. I have some recipes to tackle these problems, but I
have a doubt - is there an order or precedence by which I should tackle
them? I ask these because I have more than one kind of error in a single
geometry, and I am not sure, for example if I should tackle self
intersections first and duplicate rings after or the other way around.

Is there any reference to this? (I suppose the answer lies somewhere in the
OGC Standards)

Thanks for tour time,
Regards,

--