List:       postgis-users
Subject:    Re: [postgis-users] GDAL problems (Kyngesbury GDAL)
From:       Dheeraj Chand <dheeraj () dheerajchand ! com>
Date:       2013-12-29 3:53:36

Let me step back and ask a broader question, then. What do you think I can do?

Also, I thought that since the GDAL installer writes the libraries to my system \
Python, perhaps cloning a virtualenv off of that would result in a VE that has GDAL \
already installed and usable.  However, what I found in the term made me curious.

REINHEIT:lib dheerajchand$ cd /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/
README                      shapely-py2.7.pth
gdal-py2.7.pth              sqlite-py2.7.pth
numpy-override/             vboxapi/
numpy-override.pth          vboxapi-1.0-py2.7.egg-info
REINHEIT:lib dheerajchand$ cd /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/
REINHEIT:site-packages dheerajchand$ which python
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python
REINHEIT:site-packages dheerajchand$ pip freeze
distribute==0.6.28
readline==6.2.2
vboxapi==1.0
virtualenv==1.8.2
wsgiref==0.1.2
REINHEIT:site-packages dheerajchand$

It looks like the installer put some files in site-packages, but that they're not \
installed. Am I reading this correctly? If so, what do I have to do to install them \
and test to see if they work?

Best,

-dx