List:       postgis-users
Subject:    [postgis-users] Polygon union
From:       Brian Sanjeewa Rupasinghe <jinkabs () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-11-29 21:31:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I use ST_union aggregate function to union a set of polygons with group by
clause.
I see there is another function ST_UnaryUnion() in PostGIS. Can i use it
instead of
normal ST_Union? When i replaced ST_Union with ST_UnaryUnion in the query,
it gave me an error because it is not an aggregate function. So how to use
this function
in a PostGIS query which selects group of polygons using group by clause?

Cheers, Brian.