List:       postgis-users
Subject:    Re: [postgis-users] ST_GeomFromText function doubt
From:       Paul Ramsey <pramsey () opengeo ! org>
Date:       2010-10-27 21:33:06

Try this:

SELECT name, the_geom,
ST_AsText(the_geom),ST_GeomFromText(ST_AsText(the_geom),ST_SRID(the_geom)) FROM
nyc_subway_stations WHERE name = 'Broad St';

The trouble is that ST_AsText drops the SRID information, so when you
convert that back into a binary geometry, it has a different structure
than the binary structure that includes the SRID.

P.