List:       postgis-users
Subject:    Re: [postgis-users] Round up coordinates?
From:       Nicklas_Avén <nicklas.aven () jordogskog ! no>
Date:       2010-06-24 7:19:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hallo

The problem is that even if you round your coordinates with ST_SnapToGrid, the edges \
between the vertexes will cross "not rounded land". So the intersection will most \
likely fail without the buffer if the intersection is expected somewhere between the \
rounded vertex points.

Another way of doing it is using ST_DWithin instead. I don't know which one is most \
effective.

Hope That Helps
Nicklas

I have a number of cadastral boundaries (in predio_polylines) and