List:       postgis-users
Subject:    Re: [postgis-users] Problems with the Transformation of Coordinates
From:       "Suhr, Ralf" <Ralf.Suhr () itc-halle ! de>
Date:       2010-02-10 9:20:05

Hi,

I see some errors.

Your coordinates in EPSG:4267 are on the right ellipsoid (clrk66) and can direktly \
project to EPSG:3796 without the need for any towgs84 parameter. If you have \
coordinates in EPSG:4326 you need 2 Transformations. Otherwise your result in \
EPSG:3796 will based on the wgs84 ellipsoid.

Try ST_Transform(ST_Transform(wgs84_geom, 4267), 3796)

Gr Ralf