List:       postgis-users
Subject:    Re: [postgis-users] Finding that third point on an arc.
From:       Blake Crosby <me () blakecrosby ! com>
Date:       2009-11-24 16:56:54

Hi All,

A little update. I've fixed all bugs (that I know of) and added
additional functionality to my st_createarc() function.

It now accepts the "major" or "minor" as a direction parameter.

So given a start, end point, the centre of the arc you can provide a
direction (cw/cc) or the major or minor arc.

The function will return a linestring using 32 points per 1/4 circle.

The function is pretty crude, but it works. I'm sure it can be optimized
further.

The function is available here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiplpgsqlfunctions

Blake