List:       postgis-users
Subject:    =?iso-8859-15?Q?Re:_[postgis-users]_Get_concave_hull_from_an_array_of=09?=
From:       Stefan Zweig <stefanzweig1881 () web ! de>
Date:       2008-11-24 22:24:06

hi,

maybe will like that:
there is already a solution that has been developed for the pgrouting postgis \
extension. they call the algorithm "alpha shape" which to me seems to be the same \
like the concave hull algorithms. cf. the applet on this page: \
http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~godfried/teaching/projects97/belair/alpha.html

i can find the natural c++ function which was written for postgis \
(http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/browser/tags/release-1.0/trunk/extra/driving_distance/src/alpha.c?rev=53), \
but unfortuneately can't find the pl/sql for postgis. but maybe you can find answers \
in the pgrouting lists.

regards,
stefan