List:       postgis-users
Subject:    [postgis-users] PHP PostGis on Fedora or any SELinux.
From:       "Jason R. Moore" <bigj () columbus ! rr ! com>
Date:       2007-09-19 0:40:04

I have been trying to get PostGis to work with php on a fedora core 6
box and have not been able to connect, but UMN MapServer could which was
driving me nuts.
The problem SELinux.

Running the flowing command as root fixed this problem

setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect_db=1

see:
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/310-typically-I-recommend-you-disable-SELinux....html

This has probably been posted already but I want it archived for the the
good of the community.

Jason R. Moore