List:       postgis-users
Subject:    RE: [postgis-users] was Rasters, digressing into time series....
From:       "Gregory S. Williamson" <gsw () globexplorer ! com>
Date:       2005-09-30 7:50:03

Our few forays into this actually used the geodetic blade, which has better \
off-the-shelf capabilities for certain types of time related operations (satellite \
tracks and the like) than Informix' spatial blade per se.

I've not heard of anyone actually inegrating operations from both blades though ... \
in theory possible, I think, but perhaps limited by the limitations of the underlying \
R-tree indexes ?

Greg W.

and yes, DB2 is being blessed with blade capabilities, but Informnix is not being \
deadended by IBM, at least not yet ...