List:       postgis-users
Subject:    Re: [postgis-users] postgis & mapserver
From:       chodgson () refractions ! net
Date:       2004-01-28 17:58:56

Yes, you do have to have to have a static map file, in order to initialize
mapscript (your choice of PHP, Perl, or TCL). Your Mapfile can be nearly empty,
it works best if you include some useful default values so your code doesn't
have to set all the configuration details of the mapfile.

You could do what you want very easily with mapscript, check out the
documentation on the mapserver site.

Chris

Quoting ttsai@pobox.com: