List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: vacation solution
From:       Bennett Todd <bet () rahul ! net>
Date:       2000-06-29 16:06:34

2000-06-29-06:40:35 Peng Gao:
> how can I implement the vacation feature in postfix?

Same way you would with any other Mail Transport Agent (MTA): with a
vacation program called in the local delivery process for that user.
Postfix does this just the same way as sendmail: pipe into a
vacation program from ~/.forward.

If you don't have a vacation program convenient to hand, but do have
procmail installed, you can use my vacation .procmailrc file; it
started off as the one in procmailex(5), but it grew a bunch of
scunge on it as I kept trying to add rules to help improve the odds
that it wouldn't blat vacation nattering at mailing lists that the
user happened to be subscribed to. My vacation procmailrc is
available from <URL:http://people.oven.com/bet/vacation/>.

-Bennett