List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: deliver to default_transport WITHOUT checking users?
From:       Lars Hecking <lhecking () nmrc ! ie>
Date:       2000-06-29 13:28:28

Danny Howard writes:
> so, i'm doing postfix(smtp->alias->vscan) -> amavis -> postfix(vscan->smtp)
>
> i tweaked the recipient limit as detailed earlier.  (Thanks Wietse, Lars!)
>
> problem is, since this is a mail gateway and every user has an alias, every
> user gets forwarded to the vscan relay seperately!

 I don't understand, why. aliases lookup is done by the local mailer,
 which should never get involved on a gateway.

> so, I'm trying  to hook it up that the alias lookup is handled by the second
> postfix, but i can't figure out how to tell postfix "just dump all incoming
> mail on vscan" - i've been mucking with mailbox_transport, fallback_transport,
> and default_transport=vscan, but every time there's a different taste of
> breakage.

 Any details? Logs?

 I am using, in /etc/postfix.smtp:

 mydestination =
 default_transport = vscan

 alias_maps and alias_database is commented out (using the defaults; it
 seems that at least one of them cannot be enpty).