List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: can not send mail was Postfix users not listening ...
From:       Noel Jones <njones () megan ! vbhcs ! org>
Date:       2020-08-31 19:11:06

On 8/31/2020 12:12 PM, Doug Denault wrote:

> I was not clear. The system receives email just fine. It will not
> send. There are no log entries. The above output is from sockstat.

Don't waste your time looking at listening sockets/ports for
outgoing connections that are never made.

If there are no log entries, fix that. Whatever problem you're
having can almost certainly be solved by normal non-debug logging.

Maybe smtp (NOT smtpd) process is failing to start due to some
library conflict or missing table. If that's the problem, it will be
noted in the logs.

> The postconf output is 1,000 lines. I've done a full compare with

Staring at postconf (or somewhat easier, postconf -n) output is
unlikely to fix this without clues in the log of what the problem is.

Start here:
http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#logging

If you need more help from us:

   -- Noel Jones