List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Preferred/maintained greylisting options?
From:       micah anderson <micah () riseup ! net>
Date:       2020-05-25 11:29:24

Allen Coates <znabble@cidercounty.org.uk> writes:

> On 24/05/2020 23:22, micah anderson wrote:
>> We paid for access to spamhaus for a while, but they jacked up the
>> prices and now its far too expensive even for their non-profit rate.
>>
>> What RBLs do people find to be effective now days? I was looking at
>> SpamRats, which I did not know about before, but it looks decent.
>

> The web page https://www.abuseat.org/faq.html  (about half-way down the page)
> has an honest - and fairly recent - appraisal of a number of DNSBLs.

Its a little outdated...

For example:

Invaluement DNSBL
    [Note: Commercial] ivmURI and ivmSIP are good solid and
    professionally operated lists. ivmURI is a URI (domain) DNSBL like
    SURBL or URIBL or DBL, with high effectiveness (comparable with
    DBL/URIBL/SURBL), extremely low false positives, and quick to
    list. ivmSIP is a IP-based DNSBL which is particularly good at
    catching "new" emitters. Its FP rate is quite low. Neither of which
    should be considered substitutes for Spamhaus Zen/Spamcop, but do
    complement them well.

They no longer exist.

SPEWS, TQMCube, ORDB, OSIRUS, MONKEYS, DSBL
    All of these lists have been decommissioned and should not be
    used. DO NOT USE.

The spameatingmonkeys *does* exist.

--
        micah