List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Preferred/maintained greylisting options?
From:       Charles Sprickman <css () morefoo ! com>
Date:       2020-05-21 18:49:06

Hi all,

I have a site with a very old domain that's at the front of the alphabet. For some \
reason (age, alphabetical order, ???) that domain gets bombarded with spam before the \
senders make it onto any of the blacklists I use (even trialed a few for-profit \
blacklists). Literally some of these miss getting caught by 2-3 minutes. Aside from \
the general jaw-on-floor reaction I have to just how so many new "clean" IPs are \
enlisted in these spamming efforts on a daily basis, I was wondering if greylisting \
might be a good option here. One of the folks that runs the Abusix service suggested \
this since he pointed out that I'm really missing these spammers by minutes…

What is your "go to" greylisting solution these days? My main concerns are that it's \
something that's well-maintained, does not need babysitting, and is here for the long \
haul.

I've been sort of opposed to greylisting in the past due to a userbase that's \
sensitive to delays, but… the spam is worse.

Thanks,

Charles=