List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: DMARC usage opinion
From:       Ralph Seichter <abbot () monksofcool ! net>
Date:       2019-12-17 18:56:37

* Dave Goodrich:

> I can't force another server to use my policy.

True, you cannot enforce your DMARC policies. Then again, you are also
unable to force third parties to pay attention to your SPF or DKIM
settings. The decision about how to process your messages will always
lie with the recipient.

One might be tempted to decide that DMARC et all are not worth the
effort for a personal mail server, but not implementing DMARC means not
being able to send mail to Google-operated servers. :-/

-Ralph