List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: DMARC usage opinion
From:       Dominic Raferd <dominic () timedicer ! co ! uk>
Date:       2019-12-17 17:40:58

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 at 17:35, Dave Goodrich <dgoodrich@greenfieldin.org> wrote:

> ----- On Dec 17, 2019, at 8:14 AM, Roberto Carna <robertocarna36@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear, I have a Postfix server and I have SPF and DKIM TXT records in my DNS. Everything works \
> OK. But now I want to implement DMARC, but somebody tells me not to do it because I'd have \
> some problems and I'll have to use a whitelist for several emai addresses, and it's a heavy \
> additional work.
> Please can you tell me your opinion about DMARC usage ???
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> I implemented DMARC recently because of problems with City officials emails being used for \
> fraud. I get the reports, I know that people in other countries are using our email \
> addresses, I have not the faintest idea what I can do about it. I am having trouble \
> understanding the purpose of the reports I receive, I can't do anything with the information. \

This is exactly what DMARC (p=reject) helps with. The reports tell you
about fake emails that were identified and blocked (and also help you
identify if your systems are correctly set up for genuine emails to
pass). If you are receiving the raw reports and don't understand them,
try using something like Postmark.