List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Validation DMARC
From:       Richard Damon <Richard () Damon-Family ! org>
Date:       2019-11-24 23:33:18

On 11/24/19 6:21 PM, Wesley Peng wrote:
> Why it doesn’t break From: header SPF? Just curious
>
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2019, at 4:12 AM, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
>> > Or in short: DMARC intentionally breaks every mailinglist and every
>> > mail-forwarding.  So, if a mail-provider uses a strict DMARC-policy,
>> > it effectively says: "Our mail-addresses may not be used for
>> > mailinglists."
>>
>> this message (i am replying to) from you on this mailing list is not
>> broken

It DOES break DMARC/SPF, as the IP address the message comes from
doesn't match the From of the message, but with DMARC if EITHER SPF or
DKIM pass, the message is to be considered to pass.

A Domain with strict DMARC, and which doesn't DKIM sign messages, will
fail with any form of remailer, so would fail for this application.

--
Richard Damon