List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Validation DMARC
From:       Richard Damon <Richard () Damon-Family ! org>
Date:       2019-11-24 20:35:41

On 11/24/19 3:12 PM, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
>> Or in short: DMARC intentionally breaks every mailinglist and every
>> mail-forwarding.  So, if a mail-provider uses a strict DMARC-policy,
>> it effectively says: "Our mail-addresses may not be used for
>> mailinglists."
> this message (i am replying to) from you on this mailing list is not
> broken

This list is somewhat unusual in that it doesn't include a footer with
list instructions, nor does it add a subject identifier to quickly
identify that the message comes from this list.

My guess is that two things are likely true:

1) This list is not run in a locality that requires obvious
unsubscription instructions, or that it has been decided that the
List-Unsubscribe header is good enough to meet that requirement

2) It is presumed that subscribers to this list are competent enough to
not need to be reminded about operating instructions. (This list's
subject matter is fairly technical, so not apt to draw less technically
adept subscribers).

--
Richard Damon