List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Validation DMARC
From:       Roland =?utf-8?Q?K=C3=B6bler?= <rk-list () simple-is-better ! org>
Date:       2019-11-23 9:13:06

Hi,

> when validating DMARC, it use the envelop address, or use from address from the header?
it unfortunately uses the from-header.
(If it would use the envelope address, it would not cause that much
problems.)

Or in short: DMARC intentionally breaks every mailinglist and every mail-forwarding.
So, if a mail-provider uses a strict DMARC-policy, it effectively
says: "Our mail-addresses may not be used for mailinglists."

The cleanest solution for mailinglists would be to reject mails from
such adresses. (Spoofing the From-header by removing the authors address
and replacing it by the lists address, and so hiding the original author,
could of course also be done, but is not really a good solution.)

Roland