List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: different message_size_limit per smtpd
From:       " () lbutlr" <kremels () kreme ! com>
Date:       2019-11-20 16:57:52

On 20 Nov 2019, at 08:16, Wietse Venema <wietse@porcupine.org> wrote:
> A. Schulze:
> > My goal is to allow different message size on MX and submission.
> > As message_size_limit is a cleanup option, this is my (non working) setup
> > based on http://www.postfix.org/BUILTIN_FILTER_README.html#mx_submission

> The SMTP daemon also enforces the message size limit independently.
> You can therefore specify different limits on the submission and
> port25 services.
>
> However, those limits cannot be larger than the limit that is
> enforced by the cleanup daemon.

How do you set a different limit in cleanup then? Or do you set message_size_limit to \
the maximum size for submission and then set a separate limit for smtpd? How would \
you do that?

main.cf:
   message_size_limit=40000000

smtp                                    inet  n - - -     - smtpd
      -o message_size_limit= 5120000

And leave submission alone?

--
"He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others."
Samuel Johnson