List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Hi.how to set up "bounce unix - - n - 0 bounce" by using Postconf
From:       Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users () dukhovni ! org>
Date:       2019-09-25 3:34:27

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 08:06:48PM -0700, feier8097 wrote:

> I have searched for many documents. But can not set "bounce unix - - n - 0
> bounce" in master.cf by using Postconf correcttly.

The services:

    bounce    unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
    defer     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
    trace     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce

are internal Postfix services, and are NOT delivery agents.  They
are needed for the proper operation of Postfix, and you're not
expected to (you're expect not to) change these.

> What is the command of setting "bounce unix - - n - 0 bounce" to "bounce
> unix - - n - 0 discard" By Postconf?

On the other hand, "discard" is a delivery agent, and so cannot
replace the "bounce" service or vice versa.  The Postfix delivery
agents are:

    smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
    relay     unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
    #       -o smtp_helo_timeout=5 -o smtp_connect_timeout=5
    error     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
    retry     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
    discard   unix  -       -       n       -       -       discard
    local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       local
    virtual   unix  -       n       n       -       -       virtual
    lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp
    somepipe  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
      flags=DRhu user=luser argv=/usr/bin/somepipe -- ${recipient}

Handled via local(8), virtual(8), smtp(8), lmtp(8), pipe(8), error(8)
and discard(8).

--
	Viktor.