On 24/09/2019 12:08, Wietse Venema wrote: > Dominic Raferd: >> On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 at 11:31, Matus UHLAR - fantomas >> wrote: >> >>> On 24.09.19 12:11, Paul van der Vlis wrote: >>>> I am using now much of your setting and it seems to help. Thanks a lot! >>> >>> I would just like to note that all those reject_rbl_client directives are >>> prone to errors when any of those blacklist fails. >> >> >> An occasional individual blacklist lookup failure is not a problem, and is >> rare (except for b.barracudacentral.org). I have not felt the need for >> postscreen but of course it is a good tool: I prefer to block by ip last >> and to log helo, envelope sender & recipient as well as client ip. This >> puts a little more load on the server, but information is power. > > Postscreen logs the helo, sender, recipient, client IP address > and client port when it rejects a connection. > > Wietse > In postscreen I use two access control lists - the first accepts known good mail servers; the second rejects entire "problem" countries - in my case China, North Korea, Brazil, and Eastern Europe. The country list is recompiled every week, and the data comes from www.ipdeny.com. In postfix, messages to a mailing-list identity are refused if they DON'T come from the list-server (or a few whitelisted individuals). Senders see a polite message to contact me on-list. Allen C