List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Suggestions for less spam
From:       Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar () fantomas ! sk>
Date:       2019-09-24 10:58:45

On 24.09.19 11:54, Dominic Raferd wrote:
>An occasional individual blacklist lookup failure is not a problem, and is
>rare (except for b.barracudacentral.org). I have not felt the need for
>postscreen but of course it is a good tool: I prefer to block by ip last
>and to log helo, envelope sender & recipient as well as client ip. This
>puts a little more load on the server, but information is power.

I'm not talking about temporary failures when resolving blacklists.  I am
talking about sender IP addresses appering in random blacklists (probability
increases with number of used blacklists), shut down blacklist returning
positive addresses with all lookups (happened a few times in the history)
etc.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set.