List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: sender_dependent_default_transport_maps
From:       Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users () dukhovni ! org>
Date:       2019-09-23 20:44:27

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 10:15:05PM +0200, Jesper Dybdal wrote:

> On 2019-09-23 22:04, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> > As documented in transport(5), when a transport table entry does not
> > specify an explicit nexthop, it uses the extant (default) nexthop
> > for the recipient.  In your case that's specified via "relayhost".
>
> Of course! Thank you very much!

You're welcome, but I must issue a substantial retraction of the
above.  In fact in transport(5) a transport with no nexthop does
reset the nexthop the recipient domain.  Your case is different
however because:

	default_transport
	sender_dependent_default_transport_maps
	relay_transport

are specifically intended to take "relayhost" into account,
allowing users to separately specify the transport and
nexthop:

	relayhost = ...
	default_transport = smtp

--