List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Relay Though MTA
From:       ab <ab () dneg ! com>
Date:       2019-09-12 17:46:50

Hi All,

I have had a request in that is making my head hurt thinking of all the
moving parts, so i am asking for advice on the best way of doing the
following:

Background:
We  have domain,  with MX records pointing to gsuite, domain is @bugs.com

I have now been asked to add to add bugs.com to our internal mail systems (
zimbra , which uses poxtfix) that also hosts our other @bunny.com and
@bunny-rabbit.com )

All external mail ( i,,e leaving the company ) goes from zimbra to a MTA
postfix relay in which we have a transport map the routes @bunny.com and
@bunny-rabbit.com  to smtp.tunes.com

In Gsuite i have set it up so that if someone emails bugs.com and the users
is not in gsuite it will get forardward onto the MTA from above , the MTA
then does an LDAP lookup on the zimbra server to check for a valid mail
account and then the MTA forwards the mail onto imbra

What i am having issues getting my head around is to get mail going from
zimbra -> mta -> gsuite correctly

Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Many many thanks