List:       postfix-users
Subject:    lmtp deliver issues
From:       Ede Wolf <listac () nebelschwaden ! de>
Date:       2019-09-12 16:58:32

Hello,

Being in the process of trying to upgrade an old postfix 2 (with a
postfix 1) configuration to postfix 3, using compatibility_level = 3,  I
am having a bit a hard time getting lmtp up and running.

The logs read:

  postfix/local[2856]: warning: connect #1 to subsystem private/lmpt: No
such file or directory

This error bears two riddles: First, the file
$queue_directory/private/lmpt does exist as a socket, with
postfix:postfix ownership.

However, there is nothing listening on the other side of the socket,
because, riddle no. 2, in main.cf I've specified:

  mailbox_transport = lmpt:unix:/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

so postfix should not use private/lmpt at all in fist place. Event after
freeing postfix from chroot by changing all "y" into "n" in master.cf,
there is no change.

  Further, to my surpise, when specifying a tcp port instead of a socket:

  mailbox_transport = lmpt:localhost:24

  the error message does not change, either. Even with now a process
listening on this tcp socket.

Seems, mailbox_transport is ignored. But why? What is wrong here?

Anyone be so kind to shed some light?

Thanks

Ede