List:       postfix-users
Subject:    server configuration error with non-ASCII records in passwd
From:       Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar () fantomas ! sk>
Date:       2019-08-22 7:47:50

Hello,

I have upgraded debian 8 (postfix 2.11) to debian 9 (postfix 3.1) on a
mailserver.

Now, whenever user who has utf-8 character in /etc/passwd as part of their
username, has to receive mail, postfix outputs:

451 4.3.5 Server configuration error

there are many users who have utf-8 characters in their fullnames there.

changing smtputf8_autodetect_classes to all didn't seem to help.

What to configure (and how) to avoid this error?

I have LANG variable set to "C" because  other values tend do change sorting
etc.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759