List:       postfix-users
Subject:    email not accepted
From:       ghe <ghe () slsware ! net>
Date:       2019-08-21 19:00:15

Mindspring/earthkink isn't accepting email from at least 2 Postfix
configs on Linux. It's worked well in the past, but quit working a few
days ago.

The log says their server timed out waiting for data after responding to
HELO. Traceroute shows a routing loop at their network.

I tried from a friends place, and it went through. He uses Qmail on a
BSD. When he tried by hand with telnet. He got all the way through, and
the server accepted the mail for delivery, then said it'd timed out.

I wrote an expect script expecting 250s in the right places. but I never
seemed to get them.

It seems to me that mindspring/earhlink's server is bent. But I'm asking
the list to see if anyone else has had this problem, and maybe even what
they did to fix it.

OT: I'm getting a lot of blackHats hitting in my DNS from cloud9. Which
are the Postfix related cloud9 IPs to whitelist before blocking the net?

--
Glenn English